Drilling Ahead

World Oilfield Forum

Hey you cable tool drillers, I'm looking for a rig that will clean out  some irrigation wells. We are looking at  around 400 to 500 foot wells 12 &14'' holes.

The most common rig in these parts is the B.E. rig. Will the 22w work for this or do I need bigger? Drilling out blue shale & sandstone.

THANKS

Dave

Views: 393

Replies to This Discussion

I'm sure the 22w would handle it, I've not worked around them much though.
A BE 60 is a bigger rig and is easily truck mounted. Also, it has a reversing clutch
Thanks for the reply. What is a reversing clutch& the advantage to this? I have located a 24L on a truck with some tools. The guy wants around 20,000 and its in drilling shape. Dose that sound like a fair deal? Thanks Dave

If you ever try  to take off 1,00 or so feet of drillin or snadline by hand you will quickly realize the value of a reversing clutch

I have a BE 22W, it can handle 400 ft no problem 

I have a 1986  71 Speedstar. Very clean and well maintained machine mounted on a    1993 Ford  truck with heavy spec. axels.  Bigger rig than a 22w. Contact me for the deal of  the century!   Chuck @ 740 387 9355.   alsohas  4 hydralic leveling jacks and Perkins 4 cylinder diesel on deck.

RSS

Oilfield Gifts

Oilfield Drill Pipe Tally Books

Oilfield Jewelry Drill Pipe Elevators

Oil and gas Gift Pump Jack Music Box

Oilfield Keychains

© 2014   Created by Drilling Ahead.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service