Drilling Ahead

World Oilfield Forum

Hi there. Firstly, I'm new to this site and was so happy to find it! I havent made any real contact with you ladies yet, but i just know by reading what I've found so far that you all are good strong people. And I commend you all for it.

Ok, to my point. I'm trying to find ways to make this life easier on my dear sweetheart. So far, I'm cooking large meals for myself and freezing portions for him to take with him. Also packing plastic cutlery and hard plastic plates and bowls that are microwave safe. Also on the food front, I'm making things like trail mix cookies that are rich in fiber and proteins so that he has good snacks while he's working. I don't like the thought of him eating nothing but greasy fast food all the time. He needs good food to keep up his strength.

But that's about as far as I've come for trying to make it easier on him. I've been surfing the web trying to find the best deals on gloves and other equipment he goes through, but I don't really know what to look for. If anyone has any tips on how to find good equipment and what's a decent price? As well as anything I'm not thinking of that might help him save time on food and get good sleep. I'm open to any and all suggestions. I'm quite handy with a sewing machine as well, and open to learning some new tricks. lol

Views: 262

Replies to This Discussion

We just got our level II distributorship from Ergodyne and are running their Proflex925F(x) dorsal impact reducing gloves at the same wholesale prices we were actually paying for them last month. If he is in  cold weather I am sure he would appreciate a pair of  those with Thinsulate. We also have many items he just might like. Everyone likes a little oilfield bling!

Here is a link to the gloves-they just arrived here today and ready for shipping tomorrow.

Proflex925F(x) Gloves

If you have any questions give me a call 888-641-0217

thanx! thats exactly the info i need. I may call after i look into it. And yes, he's in cold weather. We're in canada.

It sounds like you are doing everything you can to make this easier for him....The only advice I have to give is give him your support. Not only is it hard for us at home but it is hard for them when they are gone. 

Hi Erin!  

My husband has a 750 mile drive and then catches a chopper offshore to the rig. His two favorite staples for the long drive are trail mix, (the nuts and chocolate kind), and beef jerky:) He says having his two special treats makes the drive and going back to work a little easier:)

well his company should provide all his  equipment like gloves and FRCs if he runs out he should contact his tool pusher they have to meet company regulations

Erin, sounds like your on track with everything. I would like to add something though; I don't know if you have the opportunity to talk to him on a regular basis but if you do let him know that your handling everything on the home front . Keep a positive conversation going, tell him something interesting/funny about your day. Don't go into anything negative (if you can help it). These guys are working long shifts with plenty of time to worry if your doing ok. I love the fact that your sending "home-cooked" meals out with him, I do the same. 

Hi lady!  Glad you've joined the forum!  Having several family members in the safety, drilling, and oil & gas industry, I've come to realize that it all comes down to quality verses quantity (you get what you pay for).  However, this does not mean that you need to buy the most expensive products out there.  For example, one of my family members purchases his work boot at Champion Boots (a small town indepentent boot dealer) for $190.  Now, these may sound expensive, but... they last 2 - 5 years and keep his feet warm and dry in the most extreme conditions ~ which is what really matters.. right?!  We really just want our men to be comfortable and safe!  I look forward to continuing our conversation about what's important and safe out in the field!  Best of love to you and your man!!! ~L :-)

Sort of childish but i knew this time my guy was going to be gone for a long hitch. I stole his phone before he left and made a video telling how much I knew id miss him by the time he found it, along with a bunch of other things. I knew seeing his face would make me happy while he was gone and figured he'd feel the same. I meant to hold out until he was at least half way through his hitch to tell him but gave in  after like a week and couldn't keep it in anymore.  just my way of making us feel like we weren't always so far apart. Miss my man but unbelievably proud of what he does to better our lives!

RSS

Oilfield Gifts

Oilfield Drill Pipe Tally Books

Oilfield Jewelry Drill Pipe Elevators

Oil and gas Gift Pump Jack Music Box

Oilfield Keychains

© 2014   Created by Drilling Ahead.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service