Among President Obama's list of success stories in his final State of the Union address before facing U.S. voters in November was America's growing independence from imported oil.
“Right now, American oil production is the highest that it’s been in eight years,” Obama said. “Not only that - last year, we relied less on foreign oil than in any of the past 16 years.”
Republican's are angered that President Obama would even attempt to take credit for America's energy success story.
Let's take a look at President Obama's record on furthering domestic oil & gas production in America over the first 3 years of his administration
- Just days after taking office President Obama closes Federal lands to all drilling that the Bush administration had opened just months earlier to increase domestic energy production
- Then newly elected President Obama threw out a two-year study just completed by the EPA that found hydraulic fracturing safe, replaced the staff of the EPA with his own cronies and ordered a "new study" conducted by his own people. It's been 3 years now and we still do not have an answer from the Obama staffed EPA as they drag their feet trying to find a provable instance of contamination from well fracking. Peer reviews over and over find biased in nearly every EPA announcement
- President Obama quickly starts his failed "Cap & Trade" crusade to tax ALL oil & gas producers in America billions of dollars for producing American energy. Had this passed it would have netted his largest campaign donor in PAC money, Goldman Sacs, hundreds of millions of dollars and cost american tax payers and energy producers billions
- The BP Transocean disaster occurs and after over 40 years of pristine safety drilling in the Gulf of Mexico, President Obama unconstitutionally bans all drilling in the Gulf of Mexico causing rig fleets to move overseas. During this disaster the President announces his plans to finance deep water drilling off the coast of Brazil by lending billions of tax payer dollars to Brazil's state- owned oil company, Petrobras, to finance the exploration. Obama claimed this would secure energy for America's future. After receiving all the American tax payer dollars, Brazil snubs its nose at Obama and announces it has signed a deal to sell the oil to China
- The President loses America's Sterling AAA Credit rating over a budget battle with Congress. The sticking point;Obama wants to increase taxes on American Oil & Gas producers to generate billions in tax revenue, declaring these corporations as "greedy" and demanding that they "pay their fair share". The stalemate continues with Republicans who refuse to budge on tax increase. While the oil and gas sector already pays hundreds of billions in federal taxes each year and has continued to produce jobs in this dismal administrations economy, The President continues to demand more money from domestic energy producers, never mentioning GE (Maker of wind Turbines) who in the previous year reported billions of dollars in profits but never paid a single penny in Federal Income Tax. GE was also the 2nd largest campaign donor in PAC money to the Obama campaign, donating nearly a million dollars to get out of paying taxes in America.
- President Obama strikes down the much-needed Keystone Pipeline that would have created tens of thousands of jobs in America, citing a need for "more study"- yet he pushes his administration, despite their warnings, to quickly hand over half a billion American tax payer dollars to Solyndra without study (solar energy company), which declared bankruptcy shortly after receiving the funds. This has prompted federal investigations into wrong doing by the administration.
Now let's take a look at legislation President Obama has championed to aid and encourage domestic drilling in America
- Sorry but we cannot find ANY legislation that President Obama has supported or passed to aid drilling in America-if you can think of anything please add it to the comments below
The President was shameless tonight when he attempted to take credit for America's continued growth in domestic oil and gas production. President Obama was attempting to steal credit from hard-working American men & women who, with their investments in new technology and tireless backbreaking labor continue to drill through dangerous conditions, often giving their lives to provide America with our new, cheap and domestic 100 year supply of natural gas and energy DESPITE the Presidents attempts to thwart them. The credit goes to the American Oil Worker Mr President, Not You.
President Obama Owes American Energy Producers An Apology For tonight's Shameless Act